taking the Bible literally / fo

if we took the bible literally (like some Christians believe), then what would you have to believe?
let's add them up:
Matt: 3:11
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire":
fo asks: with "fire"?
Did you mean to post this to Alt Home Repair?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:
>> www.lds.org >> www.mormons.com
Did you mean to post this to Alt Home Repair?
FH wrote:

Not sure why you are posting in a.h.r, but that's an easy one:
(NASB) Acts 2:1 "When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance. 5 Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language."
How about picking some thing that's obviously not intended to be taken literally, say, poetry from Song of Solomon (or if it is literal, it's pretty weird.) Or how about Rev 17.
Best regards, Bob
FH wrote:

So you're asking whether if you go potty and it flushed OK, but the next guy with a "mightier" load clogs it up, does it take "fire" (i.e. desoldering the old copper drains) to clear it?
Probably not - a snake should take care of it.
very sorry about the original post, i accidentlly sent it to the wrong place. lol