taking care of tools

Small world, eh?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"cavedweller" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I thought UseNet convention was for the claimant to provide the proof,by a cite or a link to the cite,not to tell the doubter to search themselves?

IOW,the one who claims "corrosion creates Hydrogen embrittlement" should provide the specific proof,in a cite. If the page cited is large,then the citer should post the relevant part.

O course,the OP's wording did not specifically claim "corrosion created the embrittlement",just that "embrittlement was a problem with SS".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in news:tymQh.144297$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe16.phx:

it could be condensation when nighttime temps drop and things cool down. Around a household,there would be more moisture available than in the open desert.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I didn't look at this page and haven't been following this argument, but in another group on another subject, more important even than this imo, there was a guy who made strange claims and constantly cited webpages that didn't support his claim. Often they had nothing to do with it. After enough people pointed this out, he started citing journals and magazines. After I found a specialty library that had most of those, and saw that they had either nothing to do with the specific topic, I reported that to the group.

Eventually he left the group and became a contributor to some "resource" webpages, where they had a little bit about everything, but there was no discussion.

Eventually he ended up at Wikipedia where he contrinued to repeat his nonsense and the one time I looked, someone was saying if he didn't remove his text that someone would. Wikipedia a couple years ago gave a little bit of background discussion like this, the fighting between the crazy guy and the other ones, but it must not have had anywhere near all of it online.

During this time the guy was enrolled in a graduate degree program at a university and it seems never got his degree, so wrapped up he was in posting nonsense on the net.

Reply to
mm