taking care of tools

Page 2 of 2

When I leave stuff in the little workshop in back of my house, things seem to rust. There isn't any water anywhere near them. Is it the moisture in the desert air or is it my imagination?
Would liquid wax work as well as paste on the tools to prevent rust?
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 23:31:42 -0700, "AKA gray asphalt"

Any moisture in the air will cause metal to rust. This is compounded by salt, acidic conditions, and temperature. Wipe your tools using a rag dampened with kerosene and store the tools in an air-tight container.

it could be condensation when nighttime temps drop and things cool down. Around a household,there would be more moisture available than in the open desert.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I didn't look at this page and haven't been following this argument, but in another group on another subject, more important even than this imo, there was a guy who made strange claims and constantly cited webpages that didn't support his claim. Often they had nothing to do with it. After enough people pointed this out, he started citing journals and magazines. After I found a specialty library that had most of those, and saw that they had either nothing to do with the specific topic, I reported that to the group.
Eventually he left the group and became a contributor to some "resource" webpages, where they had a little bit about everything, but there was no discussion.
Eventually he ended up at Wikipedia where he contrinued to repeat his nonsense and the one time I looked, someone was saying if he didn't remove his text that someone would. Wikipedia a couple years ago gave a little bit of background discussion like this, the fighting between the crazy guy and the other ones, but it must not have had anywhere near all of it online.
During this time the guy was enrolled in a graduate degree program at a university and it seems never got his degree, so wrapped up he was in posting nonsense on the net.