Tailand enters the space race

Page 1 of 2

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

Eagle wrote:

In high school I played with something like that. Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished. Principal was forgiving.

We dabbled with all sorts of home made rockets in the early 60s. I am surprised we survived with all limbs intact. We had some zinc dust (for sulfur and zinc dust fuel) but it was hard to come by. Our go to fuel was potassium nitrate and sugar. The trick was making nozzles but a crossman cylinder was a ready made rocket motor case (drill out the end to 1/4") You could saw off the end and press it into an aluminum pipe from old lawn furniture but they blew out, even if we epoxied them in (that expansion rate thing).
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 04:26:39 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

The KNO3 and sugar in a crossman cylinder was a pretty effective engine with more power than the Estes motor. You could put one in a Bering cigar tube and never see it again. We shot them out of a piece of 1" pipe and they really went for a ride. We never really got the spin we wanted for stability tho. You never knew where they were going to go.
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 05:28:01 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

A CO2 cylinder will really go up if you use Potassium chlorate and sugar. We thought that would make better rocket fuel but it blew up, shattering the pipe and blowing out the concrete block we had it in

Uncle Monster brought next idea :

Making exposives isn't complicated. The easiest explosive you can make is with furtilizer...Ammonium nitrate. Mix in some diesel fuel and you have a very powerful exposive. This is what took down the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
Bombadier Eagle
Eagle wrote:

During the war, our toys were real live grenades, ammo, artillery shells. Guns of all sorts we found in the field. Many kids got killed, maimed. Once I walked into a claymore field, luckily I came out of it without detonating any one. Still makes me shudder thinking about. Some one was yelling at me to see those trip wires and not to touch it. I owe my life to him, I am sure.
Tony Hwang presented the following explanation :

I was behind the scenes then Tony. :/
73
Eagle presented the following explanation :
BTW, what bands do you favor Tony? I use 17 meters or 40 meters mostly. Right now My steppIR is down, so no DX till I get the driven element back together. One of the fiberglass tubes on the driven element box flew off in a big wind storm we had a few months back. My Tower is nested until I get that tube back in place.

The thing nobody mentions is ammatol is just a booster. You need a high explosive to set it off and a low order pipe bomb won't do the trick. McVeigh had a block of C4.
It happens that snipped-for-privacy@aol.com formulated :

I didn't want to mention that here...there are crazy mofo's around.
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:51:30 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

Uncle Monster pretended :

Just the ticket! A shit bomb! lol
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17 http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/MessageCleaner?HFMdqUjAW ---------------------------------------------------------

--
Tekkie

On 12/22/2015 04:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[no sig delimiter, not deleted]

The message was dirty, so cleaning was needed :-)
--
2 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17 http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/MessageCleaner?HFMdqUjAW ---------------------------------------------------------

What I meant to post was: I know a guy the served in Afghanistan and he gave me the formula they used to blow the hinges off the metal security doors. It has special sauce in it...
--
Tekkie

On 12/22/2015 04:47 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
[snip]

I'd never use anything that inserts spam into my messages.
[snip]
--
2 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

I don't think it has the distance to reach orbit ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 5:01:29 PM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:

...and you could send it to the Sun, if it was night time! 😎