Tabletop Electric Switch

While using incandescent bulbs, I was able to have a tabletop dimmer which controlled lamps on either side of my bed. Since switching to compact fluorescents, the dimmer has a hum, even at full power. Does anyone know of a similar control but in a switch rather than a dimmer that would operate multiple lamps? Thanks
Frank

perhaps try a dimmable CFL they are newer but pricier. but your ability to read in bed will be diminished if you change to insufficient lumens. look for the battery operated wall switch transmitter/receiver perhaps like westec or amertac model RFA 108 of 5 years ago. for some ideas see: http://www.amertac.com /