T568A Wiring Scheme

If a standard 4-wire telephone cable is plugged into a T568A wired jack, which color wires are telephone Tip and Ring?

Thanks....

Reply to
Bishoop

I found the answer at:

Thanks....

Reply to
Bishoop

In either 568A or 568B, pin 4 is Blue (Ring) and pin 5 (Tip) is Blue/White.

-- Herb Stein snipped-for-privacy@herbstein.com

Reply to
Herb Stein

I'm not sure you are asking the right question.

Are you using the telephone wire for Ethernet? Tip and ring refer to pairs of wires - transmit tip and transmit ring and receive tip and receive ring etc. Standard telephone wire (typically cat 3) will not run 100MBPS ethernet that is typical today.

Djay

Reply to
djay

No, I'm using cat5 wire and eight pin jacks for telephone and 100baseT Ethernet. Using them for the phone just because I have them.

I just wasn't sure which pins matched up with telephone tip and ring in the T568A configuration.

Thanks....

Reply to
Bishoop