T-strip moulding for laminate floor

I think it's all in metric.. the short lengths seem to have to do with shipping methods. I also think it's better to not use adhesive on the joint , but if you must a simple wood slue should do the trick

Reply to
longshot

I went to get a T-strip moulding for the transition between my new laminate floor and my old hardwood floor. I was told that the moulding was only sold in 6ft 6in lengths. What's with that?

I need an 8 foot length. Any recommendations how I can join two lengths with an invisible seam?

Steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

I went to get a T-strip moulding for the transition between my new laminate floor and my old hardwood floor. I was told that the moulding was only sold in 6ft 6in lengths. What's with that?

I need an 8 foot length. Any recommendations how I can join two lengths with an invisible seam?

Steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

Make your own. That is what I had to do.

Reply to
SQLit

We used Pergo molding. We only needed a short T strip, so we had no problems with it, but every other piece of molding shrinks and expands tremendously. You absolutely cannot hide the seams. Use wood and stain or paint it to your liking.

Reply to
Alan