T&P relief valve - nowhere to drain?

Page 7 of 13

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Putz

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Putz

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Clueless Clark wants another treat.

Maybe when you sober up you'll come back and read your own posts. Pretty silly there drunken, dancing, monkey boi. I post and you dance. *It never fails*.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Obviously you have no conception of the purpose of a temperature and pressure relief valve.

I'm the one who posted *not* to run them outside in freezing temps. Not once, but a few times in this thread. And I was also the *first* one to post it.
Clark is just a pet that's been following me around for a few weeks.
Try and keep up!

You obviously don't know anything about them or the codes that pertain to them.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Sigh:
"IRC P2803.6.1 Requirements of discharge pipe. The outlet of a pressure relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination thereof, shall not be directly connected to the drainage system. The discharge from the relief valve shall be piped full size separately to the floor, to the outside of the building or to an indirect waste receptor located inside the building."
Here's why:
"People don't like to test their T&Ps. But then, we don't think it's so much fun to wake up in the hospital, or to patch a big hole in the roof, either. When water heaters explode, it's catastrophic. People are injured or die; buildings are severely damaged. Test your T&Ps! And one more thing: T&P drain lines should go down and out. Never up. If the valve opens, water will pool there and corrode it shut. Or freeze in the line in colder climes. We've seen lines plumbed uphill so many times we've lost count. But there SHOULD be a drain line, usually to within about six inches of the floor, or plumbed outside. That's code around here [California]. It's to prevent you from being scalded if the valve should open while you're standing next to it."
It is the White Man's Burden to enlighten the benighted. I'm glad I was able to assist you.

I'm about to decide that all kj has to offer is abuse, antagonism, and an obsessive/compulsive disorder but I admire your attempt to educate him.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here
Clark wrote:

Thank you. It's nobless oblige, to those to whom much is given, much is expected.

First, you would have to know something I don't.
Good luck with that...

over building code? Do you mean knowing that T&P drains should never go up regardless of whether freezing is possible? Do you mean knowing the difference between affect and effect? Do you mean knowing the difference between mute and moot? Do you mean knowing that liquid lines don't sweat?

--
---
there should be a "sig" here

Do you ever win an argument? Cause, it's sure not happening here.

How's your boyfriend tonight?

---
there should be a "sig" here

Looking for a treat? Ask your butt buddy "meat plow" for one.