T&P relief valve - nowhere to drain?

Sorry, I'm not your boyfriend. I don't dance with faggots.

Reply to
<kjpro

And can cause a line blockage. Anyway, it&#39;s against code!

Whether their designed too or not, that doesn&#39;t mean it doesn&#39;t happen. You&#39;ve never saw one that was corroded because it had a slow leak? You&#39;re showing that you have no experience with PT valves.

Design and "what happens in the field" is sometimes two completely different things.

Reply to
<kjpro

Goddamn it! Building codes specifically REQUIRE P&T valves to be vented outside (or an approved alternate - which never includes UP).

I agree they sometimes leak. Just like a water faucet sometimes leaks. What makes you assume I&#39;ve never seen a leaky one? How did you reach that conclusion?

Right. Sometimes fail-safe systems fail by failing to fail safe. Sometimes fail-safe systems fail because a cretin installed them - as in not venting a P&T valve to the outside.

Reply to
HeyBub

What do I do in my house? The Water Heater is in the basement and there is no exit for a pipe that is not 6&#39; below ground. The best I can do is to have the T&P pipe dump into a pail with a sump pump that will get it above ground. The Water Softener suffers the same restriction and it is across the cellar from the heater. This house was approved by an inspector.

Reply to
willshak

That&#39;ll work. And perhaps code in your area allows UP.

If the pipe goes up, then a small leak could allow water to enter the valve from the wrong direction. This back-up water could corrode the valve, rendering it ineffective and non-functional. That&#39;s the problem with UP.

The purpose of the valve is not to prevent your carpet getting soaked; it&#39;s purpose is to prevent death from explosion, scalding from a ruptured tank, or a hole through two floors and the roof when the tank takes off like a rocket.

Here&#39;s an example of ONE LITER of water, under pressure, blowing its container 300 feet into the air!

Here&#39;s an exploding water heater that did $750,000 worth of damage.
The ruckus from an exploding tank will also disturb your cat.

Reply to
HeyBub

wrote in news:64f8b$46dec279$9440c41e$18537 @STARBAND.NET:

You do remember that you said it was the liquid line sweating on a mini- split, don&#39;t you? Guess you&#39;d like to forget that screw-up wouldn&#39;t you.

The only story teller here is you, boi.

Wrong again on all counts as usual. Just keep dancing monkey boi.

Reply to
Clark

wrote in news:9f06$46dec2e8$9440c41e$18626 @STARBAND.NET:

Then why are you dancing here monkey boi?

Reply to
Clark

wrote in news:e497$46dec2b5$9440c41e$18579 @STARBAND.NET:

Finally realizing that you aren&#39;t much? Wow, you really are a slow learner.

Reply to
Clark

I never called it a LL on the mini-split, asshole. Lies, lies and more lies is all you have to post.

Facts, it&#39;s facts, unlike your bullshit lies.

You&#39;re one hungry stupid son-a-bitch.

Reply to
<kjpro

More lies snipped...

Reply to
<kjpro

More lies snipped...

Reply to
<kjpro

Bullshit, they are not required to be vented outside!!!!!

Matter of fact, it&#39;s against code to pipe them outside when they are subject to freezing weather! Now get a clue, dumbass!

You said they&#39;re not designed to leak. But in fact, many do...

When are you going to read up on PT valves and learn that you are *not* required to pipe them outside???? And that it&#39;s *against code* to do so, when they&#39;re subject to freezing temperatures????

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:cf96b$46df8609$9440c41e$28220 @STARBAND.NET:

$14170

Not one single lie. You asked how I knew it wasn&#39;t a liquid line. In other words you thought it was a liquid line. Got it?

Dance, boi, dance.

Reply to
Clark

It&#39;s not *required* to be piped outside, no matter how many times Heybub says so...

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote in news:cca1c$46df8627$9440c41e$28234 @STARBAND.NET:

Trying to cover your tracks?

Reply to
Clark

wrote in news:71c5c$46df8643$9440c41e$28241 @STARBAND.NET:

Still trying to cover your tracks?

Reply to
Clark

Now you say UP is fine...

Geez, make up your mind...

Reply to
<kjpro

I got you for more lies... as always. The fact remains, a LL can sweat, asshole.

Reply to
<kjpro