T&G Porch Floor

I'm getting ready to replace the tongue & groove on my outside porch floor. The stuff they sell at Home Depot and Lowe's is 1X4 SYP with a decorative groove down the center of each board. I'd rather use a flat board without a groove but can't find any around here. Can I just install the boards with the groove side down? I plan on painting the floor. They did have some fir T&G at a different store that was flat on both sides but I didn't like the looks of it, they were small 6 inch or so lengths finger jointed together.

Reply to
jdon88

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:48:54 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, jdon88 quickly quoth:

Try your local lumber yards. They usually have MUCH more usable wood than Lowes or Home Despot.

OR go with some nice cypress, ipe, or white oak with a clearcoat instead of paint for a really nice looking porch.

-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-

Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques