T&G Porch Floor

I'm getting ready to replace the tongue & groove on my outside porch floor. The stuff they sell at Home Depot and Lowe's is 1X4 SYP with a decorative groove down the center of each board. I'd rather use a flat board without a groove but can't find any around here. Can I just install the boards with the groove side down? I plan on painting the floor. They did have some fir T&G at a different store that was flat on both sides but I didn't like the looks of it, they were small 6 inch or so lengths finger jointed together.
--
jdon88

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 17:48:54 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,

Try your local lumber yards. They usually have MUCH more usable wood than Lowes or Home Despot.
OR go with some nice cypress, ipe, or white oak with a clearcoat instead of paint for a really nice looking porch.
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites