T-111

With the recent posts about T-111 siding, I decided to link some pics on the subject. Recently, my brother bought an inexpensive mobile home to rent, and did an economical remodel using T-111 for the kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors. The other 2 shots are of an enclosure I built for a customer to hide the garbage cans and pool equipment, and to give his wife a place to keep her garden tools and supplies, along with charcoal and grille, etc. He'll let it weather for a few weeks, and then spray some stain on it. Click on the small pics for larger versions.
http://flickr.com/photos/43996336@N00/?saved=1 --------------------------------- Easy's getting harder everyday.
PanHandler wrote:

The stuff looks *great*! I'm inspired... :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Thank you. I can't take credit for the idea, though. The customer saw the T-111 on my workshop and asked if it could be used to make a privacy-type fence along with a fully enclosed shed. I uploaded an additional pic that shows more detail - ripping all those sheets was a real chore - on sawhorses no less. I almost bought a panel saw for the job, but couldn't justify the expense for one job. He's gotten many requests for my name, so the next job will definitely get the panel saw. It's 30 feet long, 6 feet deep and 6 feet high at the front edge, I was limited to a 2 inch pitch by the height of the bedroom and bathroom windows, but don't expect a problem in that regard.
: I was limited to a 2 inch pitch by the height of the
Should have said .33/12 pitch - DOH

BTW - I like your site and will surely check it out. I have over 18,000 45's & LP's that need to be digitized (after being culled for goodies). Also have almost 40,000 mp3's I've ripped over the years.
PanHandler wrote:

That many should keep you busy for decades :)
--

dadiOH

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:51:31 -0500, "PanHandler"

Wow th shed looks great!
later,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com

Thanks Tom
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:03:50 -0500, "PanHandler"

Many times we think we need to start with a pile of lumber, and spend good money on complicated plans. However, the photos show that with some creativity, and t-111 you can make something very nice.
later,
tom

Thanks Tom. It was a purely 'back of an envelope thing', cut and fit all the way.