T-103 wiring problem

I have bit of a problem installing the Intermatic T-103 timer on my pool pump. I have tried the hot wire from the breaker box on terminal #1 with the neutral on #3 and those going to the pump on #2 and #4 and have also reversed #3 and #1 and #2 and #4 and still can't get the clock to work. The two white wires that came with the timer are on A and #1. What do I need to do to get the clock to work?

Reply to
Darrell

The clock needs to be on the same terminals as the input legs and it needs to be rated for the same voltage.

Reply to
gfretwell

What you have, is a double pole switch, with a 120 volt clock. If you are using it for a 120 volt pump, the neutral of the power supply as well as the neutral for the pump, go on terminal "A". The hot leg of the 120 volt power supply goes on terminal "1", and the wire going to the pump goes on terminal "2". The switch between 3 and 4 is not used. If you have a 240 volt pump, you will need a neutral to power the clock, which may not be present, in which case you'd need timer model T104, I think, which has a 240 volt clock.

Reply to
RBM

According to the instructions (

the clock motor is connected to 1 and 3 for 220 volts. For 120 volts the line and load neutral gets connected to "A". For 120 volt operation there is no need to switch the neutral. Put your line on #1 and your load on #2.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Read and follow the manual.

Reply to