System 2000 Attn: Mark Ransley

Mark,

After you mentioned the System 2000, I started to check them out. I think it is the most efficient boiler available for home use. Coupled with an indirect water heater, I should save quite a bit of oil. Signed a contract today and it will be installed by the end of December.

I looked at Crown, Buderus, Peerless, Weil McLain. I also considered the dealer. This one has installed many of them in the past 20 years. It will have a Becket burner, Taco pump and other common materials.

Once it is up and running I'll let you know about performance. January should give it a good workout.

I never heard of them until you mentioned it. Thanks for the tip.

Ed Pawlowski

I hope it works out, I only know what I read about them searching condensing units for you. If its that good for oil maybe I should consider it for an eventual gas boiler replacement.

Reply to
ransley

I hope it works out, I only know what I read about them searching condensing units for you. If its that good for oil maybe I should consider it for an eventual gas boiler replacement.

After doing some research, I liked what I saw. All of the other three pass boilers looked good, but most seemed to be copies of each other. I think that while they are all good, this is better.

I like the idea of a cold start boiler, especially for heating water in summer. My burner would come on often where there was no use just to keep the tankless coil up to temperature. Indirect water heating makes a lot of sense. The guy that came to the house told me a story about one of his customers. He was away on vacation for a week. Next morning, he gets up and takes a shower. His wife then took a shower but ran out of hot water part way through. They called for service so Leo went to the house. He flipped on the burner switch that the owner shut off while he was away for the week and forgot about. After all that time, there was still plenty of hot water left.

The combustion chamber and control setup is what sold me on the system. I'll be able to tell you more once it is running.

Oh, check your state for energy programs. I'm going to get a $500 rebate as well as 0% financing. Other state have programs also. Ed

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski