Symmons Allura trim kit does not fit on Symmons Temptrol valve?

I just bought this "trim kit" to replace the old one on my shower control. The package says that the two, "allura and Temptrol", are interchangable but the screw holes are off just enough so that it wont work for me. Is it poosible that there was an older version of the temptrol that would explain the difference in the screw holes?

Reply to
eric.oo