switched light not working

I've got a light that doesn't work - I tried replacing the bulb with several different new ones and no luck.
I took the cover off the switch and pulled the switch out - everything looks connected
I unhooked the light fixture from the ceiling and pulled it down - I didn't feel like getting electrocuted so I didn't dig around too much in there but I didn't see any loose wires.
Is there anything else I can check before calling an electrician?
aflat362 wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- A test light will tell you if the switch is defective or the circuit breaker is tripped. If you do not know how the switch is wired or where the CB is, then I suggest that you call an electrician for your own safety.
snipped-for-privacy@uark.edu wrote:

. Amen to that.
aflat362 wrote:

You've already risked your life by playing with live electrical wiring; call an electrician.
Dont screw around with electricity if you dont know what your doing. Might be your last DIY project ever if you continue.

alright!
I get the point everyone. I'll just call an electrician.
Thanks
lol......
good choice. :-)
Hope all goes well.