Swimming Pool Pump

Our swimming pool pump seems to be getting louder every year. It is cleaned regularly and appears to be working good. It is approximately 3 years old. Any suggestions for keeping the noise down? Thanks, Trax www.swimmingpoolsfacts.com
Add pictures here
✖

Yes, turn it off and stop making posts just to promote your website.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 29, 7:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

+1
Add pictures here
✖

Pentair Whisperflo pumps are very quiet. All of the other pool pumps I have researched are loud.
Add pictures here
✖

If you are handy it is a $30-40 fix (with a seal kit) , otherwise buy a new pump or pay the man.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:24:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You mean like this $40 seal kit (Amazon.com product link shortened)38673454&sr=8-4 Bubba
Add pictures here
✖

Yup that seal kit plus 2 bearings. It will end up being $30-40 depending on the source you have for bearings.
Add pictures here
✖
trax wrote:

Your motor bearings and impeller are shot. Replace the pump at once. Don't try to buy replacement parts, you'll spend more than you would on a new pump.
Buy only Hayward pumps.
Add pictures here
✖

These folks are a great source.
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com /
They have Hayward if you insist, but they are very knowlegable and may suggest something else.
If you need a new motor or wet end, I recommend that you buy both, already assembled. Getting an old wet end off a motor after a few years is often impossible without destroying the wet end in the process.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:46:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

If money is no object, believe this.
Bear in mind if you replace the "wet end" you will also be cutting into your pool plumbing. On Haywards and StaRites you can get the motor and impeller off without cutting the plumbing and I have not seen this "destroying the wet end" problem doing it. If you are going to have a problem, it will be in getting the 4 long screws out of the motor housing to get to the bearings. The easy way is to simply grind off the heads, take the motor apart and then heat the broken screws to get them out of the housing once you get it in your hand. Put in some new screws, using anti seize compound so it will come apart next time. If $300 is not important to you, or you just don't want to fix it, by all means get a whole new pump.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:28:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't have to cut anything at all to do this job.
The problem I HAVE seen is failing to separate the wet end from the motor without damage to the wet end. Not in every single case, but it's not uncommon. Go ahead and order just a motor if you don't mind the extra downtime while you place a second order for a wetend you didn't think you were going to need. By the time the motor or even just the bearings are worn out, everything else has a LOT of hours on it.
Add pictures here
✖