swimming pool hoses blowing off

I've had a problem the last couple of years with my filter hoses blowing off and draining gobs of water from my above ground swimming pool. I backwash weekly, have the hoses clamped securely (I can pull back very hard and they don't come off). Last blow off, after I spent

5 hours filling the pool back up, I immediately did a backwash and the filter water was clear. However, in the pool there was some sand a debris that wasn't there prior to the blow off.

Its gotten to the point that I only run the skimmer when I can keep an eye on the pool so I don't loose the pump after a hose comes off (about 5 hours a day now) This is becoming impracticle with this year's weather and the algae that creeps in.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim McKee

I have an above ground pool and I have never had this happen. Obviously check your connections to ensure that they are tight. I know it's silly but check to make sure that your hoses are routed properly in the correct orientation (outflow and inflow corresponding to inlet and outlet from pump.)

Good luck.

Reply to
iBuyMinis

Remove the tapered fittings and replace them with barbed ones.

Reply to
tnom

tnom,

Sounds like good advice.

I was wondering, did you have the problem I spoke of or did you plumbing come installed that way?

-Tim

Reply to
Tim McKee