Swimming pool filter size help.

I have a 25000 gallon inground spa/pool combo (4 jets in spa) with 2 inch pipes and a 1 HP pump.

My friend is willing to give me his Hayward C12002 cartridge filter to replace my very old 51 sq ft DE filter that is currently on the pool.

The specs of the Hayward website say that this cartridge filter is 120 sq ft with a designed flow rate of 120 GPM and an 8 hour H20 turnover of 57,600 gallons. I am looking to run the pump for 4 to 8 hours per day.

My question is, will this cartridge filter do the job or do I need to look elsewhere for a new one?

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

bob kater

It's plenty big enough. It will do what cartridge filters do, which may or may not fit your definition of "do the job".

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I have a 16000 gal. pool , 450 sq. ft. of filter. sta - rite systems 3 120 GPM. 1.5 HP. 120 sq.ft doesn't seem like that much area.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave