Swimming Pool

There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other thin gs. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a le ak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fall off where two pipes are joined together.

Question: Is there a chance I could wrap tape around it and stop it from g etting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it no w before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that ch olorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with table ts in it.

Reply to
Dottie

You can get some "A/B" epoxy from the pool store or a hardware place and give it a try but you might end up cutting out the bad joint and replacing it. If you go for the epoxy, be sure the area is clean and dry. Wipe it down well with lacquer thinner, let it dry and keep the pump off for a day.

Reply to
gfretwell

ings. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a litt le larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I know it's caused by a leak. The spot was dry when I was out there - and I think I saw a drop fal l off where two pipes are joined together.

getting bigger? Or should I go ahead and call someone to come look at it now before it gets bigger. Have no idea what caused it...I don't use that cholorinator - I use the kind of container that floats in the pool with tab lets in it.

I went back and looked again .. and discovered that what I thought was a ho le made by dripping water was a hole made by something else. I have moles all over the yard, digging and making "runways". There was the little hole under the pipes and then a about a foot further down there were some other little holes ... no pipe to leak. I am pretty sure that the hole is not c aused by a drip. And I sure am relieved to see that. Don't know what I wi ll do about the moles - not much I can do. I live in an area where the wea ther has been really dry...and the grass is dying. Thanks for trying.

Reply to
Dottie

Dottie,

Cats eat moles.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

I have 2 outside cats and every morning the are sitting out on our patio howling until I go out and they show me there moles--then the proceed to eat them but not before they get me out there. Animals are funny creatures.

JAS

Reply to
JAS