Sweating 1" copper tee

One of the legs develop a pinhole leak at the junction between the coupling and the 1" pipe about one drop every minute 24 hours after sweating. Another

24 hours later the leak had stopped. What's going on? Should I re-sweat that joint?
Reply to
Jack

Leak sealed up with hard water deposits...............one of the blessings of hard water :)

Reply to
BobK207

I have done exactly the same thing; repaired a tiny leak for someone else, but left my own. Glad to know I am not the only neurotic.

Reply to
Toller

That's not neurotic. You really should have good or high standards when you work for someone else. You often can have lower standards to when you work for yourself.

You'll check at appropriate times to see if it starts leaking again. The other guy won't.

Even if he is not paying you, you implicity promised the other guy you'd do a good job. You didn't promise yourself nuttin'.

If there is a leak again, you'll know exactly where to look first. The other guy won't.

If the other guy drowns when the T drips, it's your fault.

If you drown, serves you right.

Reply to
mm

If I had a solder joint that was leaking after I did it, I would just fix it the right way, whether it's my own house or someone elses.

Reply to
trader4