swamp cooler motor problem

I am having a problem with my swamp cooler. Just this season, when the fan is on "high" (I only have 2 settings), it will all of the sudden slow down to low (for 5-30 seconds) and then speed back up again

to high. This has never happened before and I have lived in the house for 3 summers. I do the maintenance myself, but I didn't notice anything untoward when I was setting up the cooler this spring. It sounds like it might be the motor and/or bearings? But how do I find out? And is it easy to replace the motor? Thanks!!

Reply to
bearmd

Are you sure it not the belt slipping?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
bearmd

replying to bearmd, Rick W Dye wrote: Mine is doing the same thing please let me know if you find out what the cause is . I replaced the motor but it's still doing the same thing snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Rick W Dye

Put a volt meter on the motor and see what it reads when it does that. If there is a drop, then monitor the input voltage to the unit. Could be a voltage drop, could be a relay, could be the controller is hosing up and commanding it to low.

Reply to
trader_4