Suspended Ceilings Under Camber Trusses

I am finishing up my detached workshop and want to use a suspended ceiling system. I have camber trusses that angle up from the wall to a flat area in the center. The center area is 6 foot across. I have insulated between the trusses. My question is on the installation of the grid system. I have searched high and low for information on suspended ceiling installations where the grid system is not all in the one plane, but have yet to find anything. I have seen these type of installation before, so I know it's possible. Any infor pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Reply to
twassack

There are a couple of solutions to this. You could either make each plane a separate ceiling with your main T's running at right angles to the trusses as is the usual practise, complete with trim (takes a certain amount of skill and experience) and rivet them together before tiling, or run the main T's in the same direction as the trusses, snipping the spine of the main T's where the plane changes (at a point where a cross T would be inserted).

If I were to approach this job, those would be the methods in the forefront of my mind. I've had 20 years experience of installing various and sundry suspended ceiling systems and have had to do jobs similar to this in the past.

If you could take some photos of the trusswork and post them somewhere online I could give you more detailed suggestions. It would also be useful to know the dimensions of the job (what are the centre-to-centre measurements for the trusses, for instance?). Which particular type of ceiling system do you intend to install? Ordinary 600x600 (2ftx2ft) or

1200x600 (4ftx2ft) lay-in or some other system?

Give me some details and I can help you plan the job. It'll be up to you do make it look right :-)

Reply to
Aardvark