Suspended Ceiling around an outside bullnose corner ?

How do I mount the angle bracket around an outside bullnose corner ?

Can I purchase a pre-fab'ed corner that will make it look nice ? or do I need to make something ?

Thanks

Reply to
sid

Yep. Armstrong makes some bullnose outside corner pieces. Depending on your radius, part# 7864, 7866, or 7867 if you want to cut it to an oddball/irregular corner.

RicodJour

I don't follow, I guess I need a picture.

Looking at it this morning, It's only a 3/4" bullnose. I was just going to square it off and then make something later to fill the triangle.

Reply to
sid

It is also possible to cut the bullnose into the wall angle. You should try this on some scrap a time or two and keep for a pattern. Cut the vertical leg of the wall angle where the curve begins, carefully bend this vertical leg down and flatten, cut the bullnose curve, install. When you bring the other piece through you can use either a butt or miter.

Reply to
DanG

Only you can decide if that is good enough. What I was trying to describe before - one more attempt in less subtle language.

Wall angle #1&2 both need to be about 1" longer than their respective walls, they are going to cross each other, it is normal to cut off the vertical portion that extends beyond the corner on both of these pieces, It is normal to cut a miter on the bottom(exposed) piece. This time don't cut off the vertical part of #1, but make the same vertical cut as if you were going to remove it, take a hammer and smash the end of wall angle #1 flat, it is now almost 2" wide.. Cut the bullnose shape on the newly flattened end so this can fit the curve of the wall. Wall angle #2's tip will go below and be exposed (wall angle !'s bullnose cut fitting the bullnose, the tips can be pop riveted, though if things fit well, probably not), it can either terminate flush at the outside of #1 or miter from that outside meeting point back toward the center point of the wall corner. The opening that would have shown at the bullnose is eliminated and very few people will ever know how you did it.

Inside bullnose corners demand a similar, though slightly different treatment.

If you smash it with a hammer, you will probably ruin the paint- so I suggested you push it down a bit less forcefully. I cannot envision any other way to describe the condition. Bullnose is still fairly rare in commercial work, but pay attention to the treatment if you find some, I think you will find exactly what I have described. If you see the big gap with caulk smeared in it, or left open, consider the quality of the installation.

Reply to
DanG

.

Got It, thank you. I will try to make one.

Reply to
sid