Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville, NC daycare center

Some discussion of Cu & AC thefts recently.

Red Green

here in Tulsa thieves stole several hundred feet of copper wire from a live power substation. They knocked out power to thousands of people in the middle of a heat wave. Personally I don't think I want to go cutting a live wire at 7,000 volts or higher.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

Hmm, In China a guy got killed(zapped) trying to do that.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Closer to home, last month a guy tried to remove the feeds from what he assumed was an abandoned factory in an industrial park here in NE PA. Snap, crackle, pop and sizzle for him too. General consensus around here was, "Gee. That's too bad."

Reply to
JKevorkian

Trouble is, he probably already reproduced.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers