Surround receptical box with foam board

I have one particular corner that I intend to use a lot of 'Owens Corning' foam board. Can anyone tell me of any know issues with surrounding the receptacle w/ pink foam board ? I have seen several discussions in this list talking about how the stuff is not flammable, but can I safely butt it right up to receptacle boxes ?
Thanks
Sid.

Sure. Junction boxes are also screwed to studs and those are certainly not fireproof. (the outlet is in a box isn't it?).

Yes, its in a 4" box. but they are usually not surrounded by foam that close.

Check any construction site. You will see boxes surrounded with all manner of insulation types, fiberglass, foam, cellulose, whatever. Absolutely no cause for alarm. If you see foam installed in some fashion away from the boxes, just chalk it up to sloppy workmanship. Some fussy builders would likely fill a space around such installations with aerosol foam to prevent air infiltration. YMMV
Joe

Just be sure there is no gap between the box and cover that exposes the foam.
On Apr 15, 12:53pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

But all boxes have 1/4" - 1/8" holes for mounting or what ever .

U/L and NFPA do not see them as a problem.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

extension ring to meet code. They're cheap and easy to install. Unless box is crowded, you don't even need to disconnect the outlet or switch, just undo the mount screws and slide the ring (more like a sleeve) over it. I installed 4 or 5 around here where idiot previous owner added T&G paneling, or 5/8 rock, without bothering to move the boxes out. Yes, the inspector will not regard the foam as something sparks from a failed device should land on.
-- aem sends...

I am just trying to insulate a wall that was previously not insulated. I did not want to create a hazard by getting the styrene (Owens FOAMULAR) to close to the box in the event something failed hard and threw sparks. From everyones input, I will not consider it a hazard and cut the styrene so that it fits adjacent to the box.
I did not think it did, but I wanted the groups opinion.
Thanks