Surge Protectors - A waste of money !!!

Page 3 of 3
Not necessarily. These surge protectors have worked well for me and my boi for years now. http://tinyurl.com/buus
I have found during severe lightning storms the best protection is to totally disconnect all wiring and cabling from your electronic gear. For computers this means LAN cables, AC power, Telco, USB, mouse, keyboard, etc.
Surge suppressors are useful to dampen quick changes in circuit load from motor starts or utility switching. I wouldn't depend on any surge suppression system to control lightning effects. Many manufacturers advise you not to daisy chain multiple suppression devices. Some units by design can have an impact on your LAN cabling and throughput due to backfeeds to ground.
My not so perfect solution is a SmartPro 2200 VA Tripplite UPS feeding all my computers, PBX, and radio gear. It has surge suppression and line conditioning electronics.
My father in law once had a whole house suppressor installed at the meter pan by the electric company. They pulled it out last year when the power company said they were no longer supporting the suppressor.

No .. jums Ara Movsesien you sycho AKA James keene Ben frome Amos Ajays home repair MY toys in 91 were 30000 + thats THIRTY THOUS for you ARA MOVSESIAN Total Elec 40000.........
TrippLite ,, ISOBAR--- has - O -. NANOSECOND response............................... Old cheap stuff is 6 to 15... new is 1 ....5. Tripp is best ,, lifetime warranty on product...... LEDS Show bad unit, or wire prob........
nO ARGUMENT HERE what do we do mmr
replying to !!!!!!!!!!, b wrote: I just read online about how, if you plug one surge protector into another, it voids the protection, thus explaining your problems.
'Uncle Monster[_2_ Wrote: > ;3563148']

> sad day because it could have been prevented. He was outside his home > shaking his fist at the sky while cursing God because of the damage done > to his stereo system by a power surge when lightning struck his upraised > fist.
We all learned in Caddy Shack that wearing the right collar is essential protection; especially when playing golf.
--
westom

On Mon, 16 May 2016 23:13:39 +0200, westom

That could have been prevented if he had a plastic bobble-head Jesus on his stereo.
Did you know it's safe to drive and text at the same time, while being drunk, as long as there is a plastic bobble-head Jesus on the dashboard! Jesus will steer the car.....