Surface Wiring, ok to do in Mass?

I am having trouble deciding if i should pursue installing a light fixture+its light switch in the living room using surface wiring. Problem is that i don't know if its ok to do that in Waltham, Massachussetts (zip

02453) . Am i going to run in major trouble with the codes if i do or is it completly illegal to have surface wiring in Mass anyways? The materials will be from wiremold:

Thanks.

Reply to
gk245

Forgot to mention that we pay a mortgage on the house, its not a apartment/rented. Sorry.

Reply to
gk245

You mean like conduit? It's enclosed.

I have a friend in Arlington who'd love to have a lot less of it (old house, really wants some plaster walls ripped into and have a

1940's wiring job replaced with non post&wire stuff too).
Reply to
Chuck Yerkes