Surface mount lamp bases?

Anybody know a source -- a search on eBay found receptacles and a few switches plus the round ceramic lamp bases, but I'd like half-dozen or so old-style surface mount bases for a string of lights in the old machine shed as the simplest way to go...found some new, old stock locally but they all have the pull-chain integral switch which I would prefer to not have for these. If all else fails, may go back and get them. DAGS and a site search at both GE and Leviton w/ no luck, either, although apparently the full GE wiring products catalogs aren't online near as could tell.... :(

Reply to
dpb

I have replaced the pull chain socket/switch in the past with non-pull chain types. Alternatively, just pull the switch "on" and then cut the chain off close, or simply don't put a string on it.

Reply to
professorpaul

Just buy a string of construction lights and hang them up. You can get them at Depot or Lowe's. As a plus you get insulated connections and lamp guards in a pre made assembly that actually meets current codes which the old style bases with exposed connections won't. Probably even UL listed.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

If had either within 80 miles might consider it. Section I saw here was 50' w/ 5 lamps for roughly $75, roughly 3-4X the cost of a few bases given already have all the wire and other stuff needed. There is the advantage of a guard, but given where these will go, they'll be out of direct line of where stuff can hit them anyway.

Reply to
dpb

Use these then:

If they aren't nearby, order online and pay a few $ for shipping.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks, but I won't fool w/ Lowes web site as it requires a local zip code as they seemingly think everybody of any importance to them lives in a metro area -- even your link brings up a request to enter a zip code as I "will be shopping at my local store" -- as if there _were_ a local store, again within 80-100 miles -- actually, I think they're closer to 200 as I don't think they have one in the same location as the nearest HD and it's another 100 mi further than that to anywhere of real size. I again saw no convenient way to simply get to an online catalog page -- if they even had that, I might consider them occasionally, but not likely for this purpose as the alternative is perfectly adequate for my needs. I don't have the zip codes of other locales memorized and their find one engine previously sent me in an endless loop I'm not trying again. That's not a rant against you, but against Lowes and brain-dead website developers...

If I don't find the switchless ones somewhere, I'll just go on w/ the ones that I did find and ignore the pull chain -- it's just one more (albeit a very unlikely event) thing to go wrong and an unnecessary expense (though again, probably less than a buck/base).

Reply to
dpb

Just put in your friggin' zip code, it doesn't matter. You can order online. It's a proper approved hanging IDC lamp socket for like $2.09. Order 10 online and have them ship.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.