Supporting overhang in front of house

We have an overhang in front of our house which is currently supported (not sure how well) by 4x4 regular lumber. They are surrounded by decking right now but we are about to tear down the deck and replace it with paving stones instead of wood. It apperas that they are just resting on top of concrete and laterally supported by the deck, but we won't know how well they are supported until the deck is gone.

What are our options for supporting this overhang and how much do they cost? We saw pillars in front of some newer homes around and havent' priced them yet but they are lovely. What is the correct method of installing a support for the overhang? We live in a cold area where frost comes to stay in late November.

TIA, KR

Reply to
KR

Do you have indications that the curent setup is failing? If not, then they are fine resting on the footings you have. For lateral support, you could purchase a post base which could be attached to the concrete with a concrete anchor. something like

marson