Supporting Cast Iron DWV Pipe

You know, now that you mention it I need to have blocking in between the joists in at least 2 places anyway. So I may actually just do that! Joists are 2x10.

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

After living in a house with quiet cast iron drains, drain noise at others houses with plastic drains just seems obnoxious and tacky.

Reply to
Bob F

Oh, please.

S. Barker

If you enjoy hearing every flush go by, more power for you. I'll pass.

Reply to
Bob F

While I can see your point about the noise (it isn't that much more), I keep wondering just how many cast iron joints you have done. The job is not 'simple' and takes a few special tools. Even done by professionals doesn't gaurantee a leak proof joint over the course of years.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Precisely zero. But modern cast iron is no-hub, I'm pretty sure it is just like using Mission rubber couplers to join dissimilar pipes, and I'm plenty familiar with that.

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

You have done your homework :-)

Fernco has a .pdf on the No-Hub coupling series here:

Speedy Jim

Correct. We just had some cast iron installed at work. Code does not allow for plastic in commercial/industrial facilities and it was all put together with Fernco parts.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

obviously you dont know how noisey PVC pipe is

Reply to
hallerb