Supporting a Quarter Turn Staircase

Hi Everyone I'm a big fan of the site, but this is my first post, so please g easy on me. Disclaimer: I am going to have the followin professionally done, but I just want to know enough to have a intelligable conversation with the contractor.
I want to remove a wall underneath a quarter turn staricase. Ther are only 4 steps from the landing to the second floor and there is point load where the stairs meets the 2nd floor on the left side o the tread (the right side is on a bearing wall. The joists are 2x (16"o.c.) and span 16'. The point load is only 3' (tread width) fro the bearing wall. If I have the joist trippled, will it be able t support the staircase at the point using a joist hanger? Would wood I-joist be better? What type of questions or concerns should be worried about
Thanks kindly
Mat
mattkelley wrote:

I can't envision precisely what you're situation looks like from the description but...the thing I think you'll need to be careful about will be the reaction force on the other end of the joist which will now be in uplift (probably w/ quite a long moment arm) owing to now having a cantilevered load...

That shouldn't a problem for stairs. If the thrust at the top is perpendicular to the joist then the regular blocking between joists and the plywood subfloor are pretty good at transmitting/resisting that load.