support wall or not?

My small kitchen and small dining room has a wall in between. I want to take down the wall and open up the area. I have two stories condo.
Take the cabinets out is not difficult. But I am afraid of the wall. How would I know if the wall is support for the upstair bedrooms or just a dummy wall?
Thanks. April
I'd suggest that if you can't figure that answer out yourself already, you might want to consider a professional to do the job for you. is there any electrical / plumbing or duct work in that wall? that might be another good reason to get someone else to do it for you.
Dave
<April> wrote in message

A Condo,, talk to the association. Dont mess with anything till you get permits , liscensed and Insured contractor and engineer advise. Be sure everyone is insured and lisenced , because 10 yrs down the road you may find a big fault. Its no easy job unless it is non bearing, even then , watch out.
April wrote:

If it's perpendicular to the floor/ceiling joists, assume it's load bearing unless there is convincing proof otherwise. If it's parallel to the joists, there's still a chance it's load bearing. See http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/load-bearing_walls.htm for a few of the possible weirdnesses.
In general, I'd have someone familiar with structures take a long look at it before swing any sledgehammers.
<April> wrote in message

In general if the studs are 2x4's and 24 inch on center the wall is not bearing.
Remember what you paid for this advice. I suggest you contact a pro in your area to be sure.