Support for togue in groove flooring

Hi,
There was compressed particle board in my tongue in groove floor which I'm now replacing. Here's a picture (you can still see part of the particle board next to the door trim on the left):
http://freeboundaries.com/floor.jpg
The problem, as you can see on the left, is that I can't get to one of the joists that under the granite theshold. What can do here? I could keep digging underneath, but then I will probably dislocate the threshold. Is there a way to sister that joist? Or some other kind of support?
Thanks!
Aaron Fude
Ok..First off, I have 3 sisters and I can tell you from experience you don't want to 'sister' anything, unless of course you love satan...
And second, I think the bigger problem is the martian underneath your floor..!
--------------------- Support for togue in groove flooring Group: alt.home.repair Date: Sun, Nov 18, 2007, 1:10pm (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (AaronFude) Hi, There was compressed particle board in my tongue in groove floor which I'm now replacing. Here's a picture (you can still see part of the particle board next to the door trim on the left):
http://freeboundaries.com/floor.jpg
The problem, as you can see on the left, is that I can't get to one of the joists that under the granite theshold. What can do here? I could keep digging underneath, but then I will probably dislocate the threshold. Is there a way to sister that joist? Or some other kind of support? Thanks! Aaron Fude
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:10:38 -0800 (PST), Aaron Fude

If I were fishing, I'd call it a "birds nest".

Why not just screw a supporting batten onto the side of the joist, so the
new board can rest on it? - sounds simple enough, or am I missing some
On Nov 18, 5:28 pm, "Cadbury's Finest"

That seems a good approach. One might add a support for the stone that would fill some of the space and a second piece attached to the first at a slightly lower top elevation to support the floor. T
If this was my house, I'd go buy a box of 1 5/8 drywall screws, and a length of 1 x 3 or 1 x 4 wood. Cut the wood to length, and use drywall screws to add wood to that "too narrow" beam. Use a drill with a screw driver tip. Much easier than put screws in by hand.
--

Christopher A. Young;
.