SUPERBOWL OFFICIALS 21 SEAHAWKS 10 - Six or 7 Wrong Calls Against the Seahawks!

SUPERBOWL OFFICIALS 21 SEAHAWKS 10 - Six or 7 Wrong Calls Against the Seahawks!

The Striped Shirts took 14 and possibly 21 points away from the Seattle Seahawks early in the game. The Superbowl may well have been a run away by the Seahawks had the officiating been neutral! Myself and my brother were complaining about those calls during the game. Those calls spoiled the game for us and we were neutral Superbowl football fans! I was a fan of both teams. Was the money on the game by relatives or friends of the officials?

According to ESPN - RUNDOWN, the officials got 6 or 7 calls wrong that all went against Seattle! I video taped those ESPN comments! That might be evidence of officiating bias! (?)

ESPN - "Around the Horn and the Rundown too," agreed with us! - udarrell - Darrell

Reply to
udarrell

Yeah, now there's an authoritative source-- ESPN commentators. Six ex-jock Neanderthals with steroid-fried brains that haven't got 480 IQ points between them ;-)

Edw.

Reply to
Special Ed

There is general consensus among many news sources and others within football circles concerning the wrongful biased Superbowl officiating calls. What happened was criminal! I was neutral, but can not stand it when a game is taken away from any team in football, basketball, or you name the sport!

- udarrell - Darrell

Reply to
udarrell

That may be so-- but your post cited the ESPN knuckleheads...

Edw.

Reply to
Special Ed

Any person who plays sports accepts the element of bad calls or bad luck as part of the game. The same can be said for good luck and good calls. In the end those things even out for all involved. Another aspect to consider is perhaps there were calls that went their way to get them all the way to the Super Bowl. Did you even consider that?

I am not a fan of either team. I like the Redskins and may have even favored the Seahawks to win since they beat the Redskins. But the better teams find a way to shake off bad calls and make things happen on their own.

Maybe if the Seahawks had taken advantage of the opportunities they did have (like the goal line interception they gave up) then the story may have been different. The many dropped passes, abandoned running game, poor clock management, and bad call playing ultimately doomed Seattle. So stop acting like a poor loser and put the blame of the loss where it belongs -- on the Seattle Seahawks themselves.

Reply to
badgolferman

I am a Steeler's fan.

But the officials made mistakes.

They were not "bad calls", but plain and simple mistakes. They got it WRONG.

My team won, but they had the officials on their side.

Seattle did not get a fair shake from the officials, and I think some investigating needs to be done.

The whole event was tainted by bad officiating. Someone mustn't care, or they must have a big money interest in who wins.

Know whut ah mean, Vern?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You, sir are a moron who must have not watched the game. Anyone who watched the game (even the blind) could have seen that Seattle was robbed of a lot of points by bad officiating.

Yes, there are all kinds of questionable calls that happen all year. But when you get to the end, you expect everything to be the best. They have all manner of replays from every angle, so there is no reason NOT to get it right.

And yet they got it wrong. I was for Pittsburgh, but I wanted them to win fair and square.

They didn't.

And how do you "shake off" having that many points shaved from your team's score?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sorry but that old alibi won't fly. Like many on ESPN said, the Seahawks might have been up by 21 points early, and the Steeler' QB admitted he was scared throughout the whole game. That lead would have tanked the Steelers'. The Steeler's were emotionally down when the bad holding call, that took away the first and goal for another increased scoring lead. The Seahawks were controlling the game and out play the Steelers' by a country mile in the first Quarter. I believe, a big halftime lead by the Seahawks would have put the Steeler's in a mistake ridden second half. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

It's only a game. Your boys lost. So what? Life goes on. Get over it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Face it!

You are a whiney Seahawks fan that can't stand to lose.

The outcome of the game will not change no matter how much you piss and moan so shut the f*ck up.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Holding call was questionable, Ben's rushing td was ?-able, below-the belt block by Seattle was wrong.

That interference call on Seattle was perfect, the receiver got a clear advantage in getting to the ball and in preventing the Pittsburgh guy from getting there. Freaking obvious.

I expected a lot more out of Seattle !

Reply to
roger61611

I agree!

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

g.a.miller

If, if, if, if...

Reply to
badgolferman

So what calls were wrong?? The Seahawks receiver obviously pushed off. That is a penalty. Roethlisberger may or may not have gotten the ball past the goal line. On my 61 inch TV it appeared that the ball was just barely over the front of the white on the goal line. Either way there was no conclusive evidence to overturn it. The Seahawks receiver's right foot was obviously out of bounds. The holding call was tough to see but how can you slow some down from behind without holding. Probably the worst call was the call on Hasselback for a block at the knees. He was just a quarterback trying to make a tackle. Many of the calls could have gone either way, but none were out and out blown calls. The Steelers had to fight through much worse calls to beat the Colts. The Seahawks did outplay the Steelers for most of the game, but the Steelers made the plays to score the points. Last time I checked that's how you win.

Reply to
Doug Anderson

Just replace the washer and tighten those screws a little tighter and that should stop the leak. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The leak from your eyes called, tears, you f****ing crybaby.

Reply to
Ron

How do you explain the fumble by the Seahawk receiver and recovered by Steeler 43 that was called an incomplete pass? That was clearly a fumble that would have put the game away sooner.

The first touchdown by Pittsburgh? It was too close to overrule since there was no irrefutable evidence to show he hadn't crossed the white line.

The phantom holding calls? The blocking below the knees by Hasselbeck? The pass interference by Jackson? Those were all calls not reviewable by the referee.

In the beginning, middle, and end of the game there were all sorts of indications the Seahawks were out of sync and they blew whatever chances they had to take over the game. Holmgren put the game on Hasselbeck's shoulders and almost forgot about Alexander. When he did use him the fella produced yardage for him.

Your sense of guilt will not make up for the lousy game Sunday night. The team that deserved to win did just that. There was no conspiracy by the officials and the NFL to make people feel good for the Steelers and all their subplots. The only conspiracy lies in the sports media trying to ensure their ratings remain high by playing up those calls. If it wasn't those calls it would have been some other thing they would have harped on for weeks.

Oh, I did watch the game.

Reply to
badgolferman

Reply to
Rob Mills

Wrong, when the QB is out of the pocket it is NOT a penalty. According to the TV reporters that was NOT an infraction of the rules. We need a copy of the NFL Rules.

Click and study the NFL Rules concerning penalties. - udarrell.com

1

From the sidelines the official could NOT have positively determined that the football touched the goal line. Therefore, he would be required to spot the ball short, if the review provided positive evidence then the call could be overturned. There was no positive evidence, and the announcers said he ran in to spot the ball and when Roethlisberger moved it from a foot or more short to over the line the official then called it a touchdown. Hasselbeck would NOT have gotten a TD called on that identical play by those officials. The reporters said there were 6 or 7 wrong calls all against the Seahawks. There were 7 penalties on the Seahawks for 70 yards and only 3 penalties on the Steelers for I believe it was 30 yards. Check the season record of Seahawks' verses the Steelers' regarding penalties. any of the penalties took points away from the Seahawks.

Wrong on all counts. The announcers including Hall of Fame John Madden, even stated on the holding replay that they saw NO holding to call. They know how the rules read on these penalty calls. The block on the knees is nullified because he was in the process of a tackle on the ball carrier; again verified by the game announcers. The Seahawks could very well have been up at least 21 points by halftime instead of being down by four. Some announcers on ESPN said it might have been a blow out for the Seahawks if the bad calls had not been made on key Seahawk plays. I did not care which team won, but bad officiating just might be a crime, only a thorough investigation could reveal that! - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I thought that one was clear. While the ball was short of the line when the player got up, before that the ball was over the first edge of the white line. It only has to pass the plane that arises vertically from the inside edge of the goal line, and on the videotape, it certainly did.

mm

There was also a ton of money bet on this Superbowl game, and that also calls for a thorough investigation of why there were so many bad calls that literally turned the game around so that the Steelers' could win. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell