Sunsetter Awning?

Costco had some sunsetters last summer. Almost bought one. Then with some investigation I found that the ones at Costco were NOT water proof. Something that is really not mentioned. I played around with the controls and hated the way it opened/closed and raised and lowered. During all of this I checked my HOA and found that awnings are expressly prohibited. I built a standard flat patio deck and was much happier for the experience. Wood cost more but it will last longer than the 5 year warranty of some of the awning products. Before you buy check the price on a replacement fabric, be ready for a shock. I was. The replacement fabric was almost the same price as the new unit.

Look around locally and talk to people that have awnings installed before you buy.

Reply to
AlanBown

We are in ther market for a awning for the back deck. We have looked at several local companies and liked their products, but the cost will be a factor. Has anyone had experience with the Sunsetter company. I like to see something first, before I buy it, or at least get some positive feedback. Thanks for any help. Bob

Reply to
Sparky

Bought a Sunsetter 4 seasons ago. Really gave us use of our rear deck for the summer since we have lots of mosquitos which made going out after sunset senseless. Been very happy with it. I have seen them at Costco but never questioned whether they were the same quality. Ask and find out. Good luck, TheKidd

Reply to
TheKidd