Sunken living room

As my previous post mentioned, our sunken living room is 6'2" and finishing that basement room would not give me much head room. Ceiling 1" floor 1", I stand 6'1"!! I'm going to convert this room to a home theatre in that case I'll be sitting in that room instead of... well anything else!
It's a concrete floor so I can't go down. Could I somehow reinforce the living room floor studs and cut off a few inches?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

What????
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I think that he means reinforce the floor joists and then rip a few inches off the bottom.
If that is what the OP meant, then yes, that is possible, depending upon what you have now and how much you want to take off. Since I don't know the spans involved or the joist depth, or spacing, I cannot even begin to answer your question.
If you plan to do this, I see steel beams in your future.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Find an engineer to calculate structural requirements and a contractor to price concrete removal. T

concete removal is way better choice and avoids issues at home resale time......
future buyers will want structural analysis of any cutting studs

You need a mohel. He can cut off a couple of inches easily.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Did you mean "moyel"? Bris? OUCH!!
[8~{} Uncle Monster

No, I meant mohel, but yes, bris.
I see it spelled moyel too, but not being Jewish or having studies Hebrew I'm not sure how/when/if the spelling got changed.
cln,

Why not? If you can't rent an air hammer you can break the floor up with a sledge.
Before you do anything I think you need to consult with a civil engineer.
Dave M.