sundials

When making a sundial why do all of the diagrams show a triangle plate cut on the same degree as the latitude where you live for the shadow projector as opposed to a vertical pole to cast the shadow? Thanks for any ideas hlb

Reply to
HL B123

What was wrong with the Wikipedia explanation at

? It makes plain that there are several ways to make a sundial, so we do not understand why all the diagrams you found seemed similar.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

First, I know little if anything about Sundials... however, several months ago I did stumble across an exhaustive looking Wikipedia article on them:

Good Luck!

Erik

Reply to
Erik