Sun-proof pails?

How can I tell if a pail's plastic material will be safe if the pail is left in the hot AZ sun? Two so far this year two have fallen apart for this reason. What ever happened to tin pails?
TIA

It is simple, they are made of non-UV stabilized PVC. In the case of things like drywall buckets, that me be on purpose. If they are left in the environment they will eventually self destruct instead of lasting 1000 years.;

Galvanized steel pails are still sold in farm supply stores.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 08/05/2015 11:16 AM, KenK wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Behrens-10-Qt-Galvanized-Pail-1210GS/100125409
You mean like that? They're lurking around Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, and other top secret locations.