sump pump recs

just moved to a new house. its has a hot tub and i've never owned one before. the guy at the hot tub store says he uses a sump pump to empty his. i understand why. it took hours to drain via a garden hose not to mention i think i'm supposed to drain into my sewer line (hard to cyphen to that) not the street. i'm on a small lot in a city. and the thing stopped draining about 3" from the bottom leaving me gallons of water to scoop out. not to mention its the nastiest stuff (have no idea what the former owners did in there).

so i'm looking for recs on a sump pump and hose...and whatever else i may need. the issue i see is getting the last drop out. probably also want something that will shut off if it sucks air, fast would be great. i don't think i want to go over $200 for everything. $100 would be better. even used is cool so long as it works for say 20 drainings.

any recs from those that have gone before me?

much thanks.

Reply to
cporro

Just grab a pool cover pump, they will take the water down to between

1/8 and 1/4 inch. You can get them with an automatic shut off but it is probably not necessary as they will empty a hot tub quite quickly. There is one at
for under $100!

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Why not just plumb in a hose bib on the pressure side of the pump. Put a stopper in the skimmer while it is still full and pump the water out. My tub was set up that way in the first place. It takes me about 5 minutes to get 300 gallons out. This stuff shouldn't really hurt your grass if the chemicals are anywhere near right. When I was on city water in DC it tested perfect with the 2 bottle pool and spa water tester (pH & Cl)

Reply to
gfretwell