sump pump receptacle in ceiling

Page 2 of 2

That corner were the sump is will be a small closet that holds almost nothing. It would be nice to have a util light in there when you need it.
sid wrote:

Nothing wrong with that, and a lot of advantages- not in the way, no trip hazard, etc. Yes, they probably did it that way out of laziness, but how much does the cord weigh? If the outlet can't hold it, it needs replacing anyway. I'm sure the electric aisle at the Borg has the little clips that screw into the plate screw and have a fork to capture the 3-wire plug, if you are worried. (Or fake your own with a small eyebolt run into the joist, and a ziptie around the cord 6 inches from the plug,) I definitely would not bother changing to a different location unless there was a real problem.
-- aem sends....

That's where mine is.
Cinder block walls iirc. The first owner covered them with insulation.

I mean that mine is about 12 inches above the floor.