sump pump receptacle in ceiling

Have a customer who I kinda beat up about a 30 foot extension cord across a room.

novel fix they put a outlet in the cieling with a twist lock plug.

I must admit I had no idea where the machine plugged in till a maintence guy showed me.

so twist lock plug and outlet is another solution

Reply to
bob haller

If I mount a box on the wall to and re-use the single receptacle there, that leaves an open box on the ceiling. Can I mount a ceramic pull chain fixture there and still be with in code. Would it be terribly wrong ?

Reply to
sid

that should be fine, although you could just use a blank plate

Reply to
bob haller

That corner were the sump is will be a small closet that holds almost nothing. It would be nice to have a util light in there when you need it.

Reply to
sid