Sump pump float switch: separate from pump?

Hi folks-
I've posted a few times recently regarding the sump pump situation in my house. Got a few helpful answers to some issues, but now that I've educated myself it boils down to this:
My sump pump (Hydromatic WA1 I think) has a water depth sensor on a metal tab attached to the pump. You can bend this tab a bit to "fine tune" the level at which the sensor turns on the pump. But, even at it's highest, it's still way lower than I would like the water level to be to trigger the pump. And, the pump turns off before the level is as low as I'd like it to be. So, I'm getting frequent, short pumping cycles.
I'd like to bypass the built in water sensor and hook up an independent sensor that I can set to on and off levels of my own choosing. Does such a beast exist?
Electrically this would be easy to implement; I would just unplug the pump from the current sensor-controlled receptacle, and plug it into the new one.
First I have to find the right product though. Any help would be appreciated.
Marc
Sure, it's a pump float switch. You can get ones that use a piggy back plug. You install the float, plug it in and plug your pump into the piggy back. I believe you can get one from www.grainger.com

Try this:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetailsRender.shtml?xi=xi&ItemId13540157&ccitem Excellent! Thanks.
Anybody ever used one of these?
Marc
We use them all the time on effluent pumps, and residential sewage pumps. The work well and are easy to replace if one goes bad
says...