Sump pump exits into road side...

My sump pump exits through a 4" flexi pipe that ends up down a small embankment ditch next to a quiet country road.

Can I re-route my kitchen sink and washer into this pipe, to save it going into the septic field? Or is such a thing illegal or frowned- upon?

Thanks!

DeanB

Reply to
dean

on 5/27/2007 11:26 PM dean said the following:

Only your building inspector knows for sure.

Reply to
willshak

May even be illegal for your sump pump. Certainly is for the sink.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

generally no for kitchen waste. but ask a local plumber, answer varies by locality on the clothes washer and the ditch owner.

Reply to
buffalobill

Most places it would be illegal for kitchen and washer. And for obvious reasons. Usually these little ditches along the road carry surface water into streams, bays, wetlands, etc. And even if they don't, if you have dirty kitchen water, with food matter, small meat scraps, etc, what do you think it's gonna be like when it ends up in an open ditch?

Reply to
trader4

And the EPA. Of the two, never, but never piss off the EPA.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Go for it Just watch this video first