sump pump- electrician or plumber?

I plugged my sump pump in and it kept breaking the circuit breakers. AS recommended I tried to plug it into a differenct outlet. It broke that circuit too. I tried another plug. It crackled but didnt break the circuit. Now the pump doesn't seem to work. Do you think this is a job for an electrian or a plumber? Thanks.
plumber.

You need a new sump pump. Replacing one isn't exactly rocket science. If you're reasonably handy with tools, you can do it yourself. Otherwise, call a plumber.
You have a bad sump pump motor. Any chance it was sitting for a while? Or was it running non stop for a while? I think you need a new pump, you don't need either a plumber or electrician.
If you need another opinion... plumber.
Senin wrote:

About 10 minutes of your time with only very basic tools will take care of it. They come with instructions. The guys at the home improvement store can help you select what you need. Don't by the cheapest one, that is what you have now. Get a middle or better quality. They are not expensive.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Senin wrote:

Just incase I did not make myself clear, you don't fix these things, you replace them. Commercially a plumber replaces them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Thanks. I do appreciate the opinions. Actually the one I have does not look like a cheapo. It looks big and heavy duty.
It looks like replacing it the answer. Now, lets see if I am up to the job. I guess, if things go too badly, I could always call a plumber to come and finish the job off.
Worse thing that could happen is that you have a lot of water flowing back into the sump hole.
1) Unplug the unit and turn off the power 2) Have a wet vacuum close by just in case (Or towels) 3) Disconnect old unit and replace ASAP with the new one sitting next to you.
Get a new submersible. The green cast iron 1/2 HP unit at sears is worth the $229 you'll pay. I got it to replace the same unit that was about 20 years old. I tried a crapsman pedestal pump first. Unless you can anchor it to the bottom of the sump well don't even bother with the pedestals.