Sump Pump cycle

When my sump runs and discharges fine but after the cycle it kicks on and off about 3 or 4 times for like 2 seconds, not even long enough to lift the water. Then it's fine till the next full discharge. This happens after a full discharge cycle. Do you think it's the check valve or float, or maybe the pump itself?

Reply to
looking

It's the float switch.

Reply to
tnom

Reply to
looking

might be a bad check valve leaking some water back into the sump causing the pump to short cycle

Reply to
hallerb

Any luck with this? Mine just started to do these symptoms today, and if I hold the float switch up (on), then it will continue to do those symptoms (turn on and off every 2 seconds for like 3 or 4 times, sometimes longer. I then replaced the float switch with a new one, and I get the same symtoms. Even though I just bought the new switch, it still seemed like the switch was still the culprit, but I ruled it out by bypassing the switch altogether, and it still shows the symptoms...on for like 10 seconds, then on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off, etc.....It's crazy and it makes me think that its a built-in mechanism telling the owner that its on its last leg, and should be replaced soon. I am interested to see what you discovered, since I couldn't find these same symptoms anywhere else.

Reply to
Rod.Clingaman