Sump Pump Costs

-------------------------------------
When houses were built in my neighborhood 25 years ago in upstate NY, no codes for sump discharge existed. Builders just connected sump discharge to waste water pipe in basement. Now I assume the preferred discharge is to go through foundation (or retro out through floor decking on top of foundation) down into the ground below freeze line sloping down to the storm drain.
I have seen a retro in the adjacent neighborhood where basically a trench is dug in the side yard and discharge piping is run out to storm drain. I assume this should all be done by professionals? Cost?
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 366521 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 30, 10:51 am, CWEINGARTNER_at_NYCAP_dot_RR_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (cweddie96) wrote:

No reason a sump pump discharge line can't be a simple DIY project. Normally the water can't be sent into the sanitary sewer system. In most cases, it's just handled by discharging it away from the house above ground in a convenient part of the property. The line comes out of the house at or slightly above ground and slopes continually downward, so that it will drain and not freeze. One thing you want to be careful about is not discharging it into the street, where it can freeze in winter and cause a hazard.
Add pictures here
✖

Isn't that an oxymoron like "hot water heater"? ; )
bob_v
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Villa wrote:

No...there are storm sewers independent from sanitary sewers amongst others...
✖

JK
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Villa wrote:

A sanitary sewer system takes the output of toilets, etc. to a wastewater treatment plant. By comparison, a storm sewer system takes rain runoff, and possibly sump pump output, to a natural waterway without any special treatment.
Add pictures here
✖

Again, JK...just kidding!
Add pictures here
✖
About two grand. Posting to Usenet the normal way: priceless.
Brought to you by the Sucko company. Where everything you do is annoying.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus