Sump pump.

We're going to install a sump pump in our basement. Any suggestions on brand/model and where to buy?
James
I bought a Flotec submersible pump at Home Depot for around $90 2 years ago. So far it has worked great. Depending on where your normal water table lies you may have to sit the pump on some bricks in the well or the pump will run too often.

If you have power outages or are concerned get a dual setup with a water main powered pump
So the pump works off pressure from the water main? Cool idea!

If you are going to use a submersible you may want to take a look at the Zoeller line of pumps.They are not cheap. The only problem I have had with them is float switch replacement every 5-8 yrs with the side float model. I actually have two. One in operation and one in reserve.
Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /