sulfur smell from sink

My bathroom sink was draining slowly so I plunged it and gunk came out and it smelled really bad. Occasionally since then when I first turn on the water in my sink I get a sulfur smell from the drain. Any idea on what is causing this? Since I use the sink twice a day the trap is always full of water so I do not imagine the sewage smell backing up.
Should I try Drain-o?
Thanks!!
Eddie G

When you plunged it, you probably loosened up a lot of rotten crap that was lining the pipe. I'm not a big Draino fan, but it may be enough to clean out the residue and make is fresh smelling again.