Suggestions please.

Okay creative minds of alt.home.repair. Time to finish the bait shack. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the sod to show up. I'm looking for suggestions as to what to put in the windows. I know that it will at least have 4 panes of glass, but what to put behind the glass to hide the block wall. Fishing lures? Boat ads? I already did a "curtain" on the mill window. I do have lots of old powerline insulators. Purples and greens. Old rusty tools? There will probably only be about 1-2" of space behind the glass once installed.
Pic of bait shack:
http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond145.jpg
Latest in the project pics: http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond8.htm
The So Cal rains slowed me down but not by much.

How about a cardboard head or two? Seems to me that some old crusty sea captain bust would be appropriate.
Maybe do a couple of windows with a perspective view of the innards of the bait shack.
On 13 Apr 2005 15:46:22 EDT, Mark and Kim Smith

I'd go with fishing pictures. Every 'old' bait shack I've ever seen was plastered with fishing pictures.
Also, I'd like to see a 7 foot flat bottom swamp boat out in your pond and the oars moved to the boat. I'd permamently mount it next to the dock rather than float it.
On 13 Apr 2005 15:46:22 EDT, Mark and Kim Smith

Make a big canvas belt with people on it, and hook it up to a motor so they walk past the window. Either that or take a photograph of a real bait-shack, and project that through the window to paint, so you get the perspective right.
HeyBub wrote:

Way cool! I want one! As for the window, there is only one thing to put in it - handmade signs with bait prices. "Night Crawlers" "Red Worms". Mebbe an old "Cream Soda, 5 cents" sign. There would be some oars leaning against a wall somewhere.
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Every bait shack I've seen has a sign: "No American Express."
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Thanks all! You gave me some great ideas! Not sure about the swamp boat tho'!