Suggestions for replacing T1-11 siding?

I live in Portland, OR. The T1-11 siding on the south side of my 25-year- old house is warped and generally cruddy. It's a two-story home; the roof peak is about thirty feet above ground level.
I've done a good bit of indoor remodeling myself, but never replaced siding. I'm reasonably tool-handy. I intend to install new T1-11. Any suggestions or good advice?
I'm thinking of renting some scaffolding, since I'm mildly acrophobic and hate wobbling around on tall ladders.
Tnx, dave
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:12:56 -0000, David Read

Siding isn't too difficult to install but there are always details that you won't know unless you have some experience. If this is your first time I would get the manufacturer's installation specifications and follow them exactly.
You won't be able to do this job alone--trying to hold in place a 4'x8' sheet of siding and nail it at the same time is impossible to do--especially if you are off the ground.
Do you have the proper tools? A nail gun and compressor will make the job go a lot faster.
I Houston T-111 isn't used any more, there are much better fiber-cement products on the market, like Hardie Siding. Fiber-cement won't rot, is termite proof, and takes paint a lot better than wood. Also, you can get it in a lap siding that is preferable to 4'x8' sheets (which you could also get if you want).
Bruce A&B Construction Houston, TX www.roof.cc

Good advice. I for sure wouldn't replace it with the same stuff since that has already demonstrated a failure.
Harry K