Suggestions for Jack O' Lantern lights

Every year we have a pumpkin-carving party with the grandkids. We do both real and artificial pumpkins.
Every year I struggle to find the right lights to put inside. We don't like to use candles because of the fire hazard, especially with the artificial pumpkins. We mostly use orange incandescent bulbs from 15 to 40 watts. The 40 watt bukbs are a little too hot. Even the 14 watt bulbs get fairly hot.
I have some of the flicker bulbs. They would be perfect if they were a little brighter.
I'd like to use LEDs, but haven't found any in orange.
Does anyone know of a really bright flicker light or an orange LED?

I've used those little 'flicker candles' battery with bright white LED simulates a candle. Go to stationary store and buy transparency plastics, use the orange one, cut to size, only need on the front side.
On 10/30/2014 8:14 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I just use the little battery operated tealights. If one isn't bright enough, use more than one. They're small enough that you can simply carve out a small ledge in the interior sidewall of the pumpkin to set one higher up inside. I use the color-changing tealights, which I picked up at a Kmart for about $2.50 for a 4-pack. The kids really like the changing colors.

Do you mean those little "tea lights", like these?
http://tinyurl.com/q4r8bom
I'm afraid that won't be bright enough and some of the customer reviews agree. Also, I prefer 100 AC over batteries.
On 10/30/2014 10:08 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

Where do you live, that has 100 VAC?

tinyurl crashes my system, so can't check, but probably yes.
I envisioned portable. so fixed, use those new LED lights, they're cool and provide 40-60W of light.
Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I just put plenty of orange led lights in my pinball machine. A google search reveals many sources.
superbrightleds.com is a very good company.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:32:36 -0500, "83LowRider"

They have something that might work, thanks
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 06:14:07 -0700, Jennifer Murphy

We always used C-7 christmas tree lights. We had a short "candle": light we packed away just for pumpkins. Fortunately these days, they already have their Christmas stuff out in a lot of stores.

I was resistant to these because (a) they are not bright enough, (b) they require batteries, which are expensive and inconvenient, and (c) they have to be turned off individually, whereas I can just unplug the power strip that powers all of the AC bulbs.
But after reading your suggestion, I found some tealights that have a timer that turns them on for 4-5 hours once a day. With your suggestion of using more than one, I think I'll get a pack and give them a try.
Thanks

Here's a clean link: (Amazon.com product link shortened)

No but orange cellophane is easy to find.
--

dadiOH

We use a flickering LED tea candle. About as bright as a real tea candle, so it's fine for the effect we're looking for. Obviously, YMMV.