Suggestion on New Washer

Its an Asko6021. The top of the line Asko does have hot water in. The way the machine fills(a little fill then stop, repeat)and the distance to my hot water tank would make this almost a waste of time I think. I havent ever used it over 40C so I dont know what its like above that. Had no problems with musty odors, maybe its the way the door seals on the Asko? Have you worked out what it costs to heat 80 litres of water?(My maths says it takes

60kWhr)
Reply to
stu

Just out of curiousity, why do you need a straight hot water wash? Seems awfully hard on your clothes, not to mention your energy bill. I wash ours in just cold with soap designed for cold water, even gets my two year old's muddy clothes clean.

I've read about the odour problems with front loaders. If you're willing to invest the money in one, they're supposed to be better for water efficiency, easier on your clothes since they have no agitator, and get your clothes cleaner. But when you're not using it, leave it open. It is obviously water-tight when it's closed, odour-tight too. Let it air out is what I've read.

KD

Reply to
KD

Which means it uses expensive electrically heated water, rather than the cheaper gas heated water from the water heater.

Reply to
Bob F

load.(anyone

Some people have electric hot water to. The cost depends on the rates where you live. Thats why didnt meantion a $ amount. Do the maths for where you live. My maths says that you will need about 73kWhrs to heat the water for a top loader and about 13 kWhrs to heat the water for a front loader. With the price of water there you also save about $0.30 a load in water. You may save more you may save less.

Its also solves the problem of the OP wanting a machine that will do a very hot wash without having to be there to open and close taps. I am not aware of a top loader that does this.

Reply to
stu

load.(anyone

Some people have electric hot water to. The cost depends on the rates where you live. Thats why didnt meantion a $ amount. Do the maths for where you live. My maths says that you will need about 73kWhrs to heat the water for a top loader and about 13 kWhrs to heat the water for a front loader. With the price of water there you also save about $0.30 a load in water. You may save more you may save less.

Its also solves the problem of the OP wanting a machine that will do a very hot wash without having to be there to open and close taps. I am not aware of a top loader that does this.

Reply to
stu

My old top loader certainly does. Maybe new ones don't, but I've never met one.

Reply to
Bob F